Invest in children and families in your community. Give today.
Spending time with loved ones. Enjoying a warm drink by an open fire. Hoping for just a sprinkle of snow. It is a magical time of year.
It can be hard to imagine, but this can be a really tough time for some. With one in six children in Washington state living in poverty, we know that families face significant challenges, especially during the holiday season. Learn about how your gift can change a life by reading one of the stories below.
- Kendie found a strong support system at CHSW for her entire family. Support families like Kendie’s. Give $25 to provide diapers for a child for one week in CHSW’s Early Head Start Program. Read the full story here.
- Mary, a mother of three, has been involved at CHSW for more than 20 years and credits CHSW for playing a role in her family’s success. Support families like Mary’s. Give $50 to provide dinner at a group session for 20 families. Read the full story here.
- Nichole found a caring network of staff at CHSW that wanted to get her back on her feet after losing her job. Support families like Nichole’s Give $100 to provide one month of utility assistance in the winter for a family. Read the full story here.
- Opal and her daughter Nikkala became closer than ever after they participated in one-on-one and group counseling sessions. Help families like Opal’s. Give $125 to provide a counseling session for a child and family. Read the full story here.
- Anna faced many obstacles while trying to raise her children and turned to CHSW’s Parents as Teachers program. Help families like Anna’s. Give $250 to provide two months of the Parents as Teachers program for one family. Read the full story here.